The Parallax Podcast (pilot episode) — discussing The Grey, The Artist, Human Centipede 2 & more
It seems every bona fide film blog these days has its own podcast. I figured it was time for Cinetology to join the fold. Teaming up with fellow film obsessive Rich Haridy — a man with whom I have shared many a spirited discussion — we present for your listening pleasure the pilot episode of our new show The Parallax Podcast.
Every fortnight Rich and I will review and debate two new flicks from the cinema and two new release DVDs, then welcome Zak Hepburn — our resident cult film expert — onto the couch to pluck from his collection something mind-bogglingly strange.
In this episode, which clocks in at around 35 minutes (future eps will be closer to the half hour mark) Rich and I cover off on:
- survival in the wilderness thriller The Grey;
- silent film and Oscar front runner The Artist;
- writer/director Miranda July’s The Future;
- the notorious The Human Centipede 2; then
- Zak joins us to chin wag about a 1983 film almost too weird to describe.
Listen using Sound Cloud above or right click here and chose “save as…” to download the MP3 file.
1. the apparent displacement of an observed object due to a change in the position of the observer.