Pure Poison Podcast – November 12

This is the first in what we plan to become a weekly feature here at Pure Poison, a podcast with Jeremy and I discussing things from the last week  here on the blog, in the wider media and a bit of random stuff from the web.

You can download the podcast or listen to it online at our Podbean page.  Update: You can now download directly into iTunes.

We welcome your feedback and of course any discussion of the topics covered in the podcast.

Show notes, November 12.

surlysimon
    Posted November 12, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Are you going to pop it into iTunes?

Posted November 12, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

iTunes is part of the plan, but for today, at least, we’re podcasting like it’s 2003.

surlysimon
    Posted November 12, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

OK I shall have to time travel back to 2003 and listen

Matthew of Canberra
    Posted November 12, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Now you’re talking! (no pun intended). I look forward to listening on tha weekend.

Jay
    Posted November 12, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

Nice. It even picked up the subtleties of mouse clicks (was Jeremy gaming?) and what sounded like a microwave going off in the background!

Ross Sharp
    Posted November 12, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

That was no goddamned microwave, that was a goddamned tractor!

Cuppa
    Posted November 12, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

Fantastic!

Posted November 12, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

Thanks Cuppa. Jay, I will reveal the source of the mystery beeps next week, but I can assure you that Jeremy wasn’t gaming, we both gave all of our attention to the podcast.

podrick
    Posted November 12, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Permalink

I bet the mystery beeps were the seatbelt not engaged warning from an all bells and whistles tractor.

Posted November 12, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

Update: You can now download directly into iTunes.

Posted November 13, 2010 at 12:04 am | Permalink

You know what? I reckon “Creation” sounds pretty bland. Call me “elitist”, but for my money the ABC Classic FM listeners made better choices in their top ten. Even if they did leave out Agnolotti and Tortellini.

quantize
    Posted November 13, 2010 at 8:54 am | Permalink

Nice work guys, enjoyed the tone and I’ll definitely be subscribing via iTunes!

podrick
    Posted November 13, 2010 at 9:39 am | Permalink

Dudes the links on the weekend thread arent working. Maybe you have been hacked by some right wing tractorist.

Marek Bage
    Posted November 13, 2010 at 10:12 am | Permalink

Mmmm.
    That chap with the choirboy voice and private school lilt certainly makes for interesting listening.
    Perhaps next week he could do selected readings from the works of William Blake with Tagliatelle’s Adagio in G minor as background music.

Cheers.

Posted November 13, 2010 at 11:32 am | Permalink

podrick, I’ve seen one link from the sidebar go a bit wonky, so I’ve reset it and it seems to be working now.

peter de mambla
    Posted November 13, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

Love it, guys — well done. Didn’t know you guys could be so witty! :)

joe2
    Posted November 13, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

It worked well. Not as well as Andrew and Steve- those guys are pure genius at MTR-you understand, but it worked. Maybe you could get some patsy to interview and not give a chance to get a word out. Tony Windsor might be ready for another workout. Extra points if you get him to hang up again and more bad puns please.

Cuppa
    Posted November 14, 2010 at 10:36 am | Permalink

ATTENTION PROGRAM DIRECTORS

Widen your audience appeal. Relieve your station of some of the tired old cookie-cutter right-wing seat warmers and give these guys a shift.

Cuppa
    Posted November 14, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Hey, Dave and Jeremy,

:email:

Please check your inboxes.

savvas jwnhs
    Posted November 16, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Whats great about this is that I can work and listen at the same time!!

Yes, my job is not that mind concentratingly strenuous. :) )

One Trackback

1. By A Voice for Print | An Onymous Lefty on November 15, 2010 at 8:24 am

...] for a new podcast? Check out the Pure Poison Podcast, featuring Dave Gaukroger and me as we take the piss out of the trollumnists of the [...