Menu lock

BludgerTrack quarterly breakdown: March 2017

A closer look at federal polling trends at state level, as Labor surges in Western Australia as One Nation loses some of its lustre.

Below is a detailed look at what the BludgerTrack poll aggregate is picking up at state level, enhanced now with Newspoll’s quarterly breakdowns, to add to the unpublished breakdowns provided by Essential Research and a few scattered results from Galaxy, ReachTEL and Ipsos. Of greatest note are the state election-fuelled blowout to Labor in Western Australia, and the apparent downturn for One Nation over the past month or two, not just in Western Australia but also in Queensland.

We recommend

From around the web

Powered by Taboola

1002 comments

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
markjs
Guest

What does rank hypocrisy from a pathological liar look like?

..this:

“People are fed up with MPs saying one thing and doing ­another, he says, warning the situation is so dire, Opposition Leader Bill Shorten “could soon be in The Lodge”.

In a direct attack on Mr Shorten — and a thinly veiled swipe at Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull — Mr Abbott says: “People are sick of politicians that are more talk than action and are especially sick of politicians who change their policies to suit their political convenience.”

Puff, the Magic Dragon.
Puff, the Magic Dragon.

A fascinating true crime podcast. (An Aussie production)
This week’s Casefile

Puff, the Magic Dragon.
Puff, the Magic Dragon.

Kayjay.
I am with you in empathy over the loss of your furbaby. My Traffy went to Rainbow Bridge 18 months ago.

Puff, the Magic Dragon.
Puff, the Magic Dragon.

kezza
you’ve won the national Poorlean Lyrical competition.

Now find a band and enter it into the European Song Contest. Sure winner.

KayJay

ag0044 @ #996 Monday, April 17, 2017 at 1:45 am

KayJay,
(I’m somewhat behind in my reading…) So sorry to read about the Regimental Dog. I hope you are coping at such a horrible time. I will miss her insights. And a lovely friend to you.
All the best

Thank you VM. ☮

ag0044

KayJay,

All the best

KayJay

douglas and milko @ #985 Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Hi KayJay,
I hope you are doing well – thinking of you.
I always enjoy your posts.

I’m well enough. The FD (favourite daughter) brought her Labrador “Gracie” to visit tonight.
Beautiful black dog and wonderfully happy with herself.
Back to bed for me. About 19 ℃ her in Newcastle. We old and worn out types feel the cold. The electric blanket giving good value.
Goodnight again.

C@tmomma

Night all. 🙂

C@tmomma

John Smith,
There is an awful lot of evil in the world. Some of it comes in the form of politicians.

Have you read the latest Patribotics blog?

It outlines in fine detail how committed vain and ambitious people are to subverting democracy and the best interests of the people. Trump, Flynn, Bannon, Putin, Turnbull, Assange, Farage…

And they are only the main players! There’s plenty of little fish emulating the whales in their own little ponds. Sad!

C@tmomma

Thanks, Bemused. 🙂

john smith
Guest

Malcolm Turnbull is the greatest, most vile corruption, in the history of western democracy.
$49 billion wasted.
You could build a city of 2 million people.
Or pay for an aircraft carrier-fucking-battle-group for 30 years…

bemused

c@tmomma @ #989 Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 10:17 pm

Is there no Newspoll this weekend?

It was discussed a few days ago and someone said they don’t do them over public holiday weekends.

C@tmomma
Guest

Is there no Newspoll this weekend?

C@tmomma
Guest

That information came from the Patribotics blog by Louise Mensch linked earlier. And yes, I know that there were a lot of real Bernie Bros on Twitter too. However, it has been fascinating to find out how our social media has been so thoroughly compromised and manipulated by bad actors.

C@tmomma
Guest

Wow! The Bernie Bros on Twitter were actually a Russian botnet army designed to suppress the Hillary Clinton vote!

bemused

dan gulberry @ #984 Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 9:36 pm

bemused @ #983 Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 9:29 pm

a r @ #982 Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Reduces it to not much more than an ordinary disturbance.

Classifying it as an “ordinary disturbance” highlights the point A R was trying to make.

I don’t agree.

Douglas and Milko

Hi KayJay,
I hope you are doing well – thinking of you.
I always enjoy your posts.

Dan Gulberry

bemused @ #983 Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 9:29 pm

a r @ #982 Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Reduces it to not much more than an ordinary disturbance.

bemused

a r @ #982 Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 9:12 pm

imacca @ #971 Sunday, April 16th, 2017 – 5:59 pm

also under discussed, Manus Island shootings. Thats dropped right off the radar in the media.

Yep, surprised that nobody really seems to care. Though I suppose neither major party has any serious interest in changing the status quo on refugee policy. If you’ve already decided that indefinite detention is essentially acceptable and not a violation of fundamental human rights, you probably don’t care if some of your indefinite non-persons are getting shot at.

I think it is partially explained by no-one being killed or injured by a bullet.
Reduces it to not much more than an ordinary disturbance.

wpDiscuz