All hail Cadel!
This morning’s papers across the nation were a victorious hue of yellow as Cadel Evan’s historic Tour de France victory edged out the death of Amy Winehouse to command the lead.
Although I doubt anyone was happier than the man himself:
Here’s the highlights from Stage 21:
And here’s some coverage from around the world:
- “Grit powers old man Cadel Evans to the summit” — The Guardian
- “With New Outlook, Evans Becomes First Australian to Win Tour de France” — New York Times
- “Cadel Evans wins 2011 Tour de France” — Cycling News
- “Evans wins 2011 Tour de France overall as Cavendish clinches green jersey” — Cycling Weekly
- “Cadel Evans clinches 2011 Tour de France as Mark Cavendish wins finale in Paris” — Velo News
- “Cadel Evans wins first ever Tour, Cavendish takes final sprint” — Podium Cafe
- “A Bloodless Conclusion To A Bloody Race” — Deadspin